zaterdag 31 mei 2008

Employee of the Month May

De allerhoogste bekroning wordt deze maand toegekend aan een opmerkelijke man. Het is een bijzonder man met een bijzondere functie en ook een bijzondere naam: het is Stryker, Consultant of Canadian Culture. Ook de manier waarop hij de eretitel in de wacht sleepte was op zijn minst eigenaardig te noemen, met een brief waarin hij aangaf waarom hij in aanmerking kwam. Van de gelegenheid wil ik dan ook een warme oproep richten naar iedereen die zichzelf kandidaat willen stellen, hoe je ME kan bereiken is bekend.

Dear ME,

I was in the exceptional position to witness the activities from ME in Canada. ME seems to me a most highly regarded company and therefore I would like to apply for the title of Employee of the Month. The honor associated with this title is enormous and I believe that my experience and education will make me a competitive candidate.
I achieved the degree of Consultant of Canadian Culture with great distinction. The key strengths that I possess in this respect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- My great-great-great-grandfather was Louis Riel, a controversial and tragic rebel. His blood runs through my veins, his free spirit lives in my mind. It’s a pity he was executed on charge of high treason.
- I have three tattoos; if you don’t believe it I’ll lift my shirt. Don’t think I’m a troublemaker, not at all, I’m friendly and polite, but each one marks a personal experience.
- I have the talent to become world champion freestyle snowboard, but as the competition was so poor, I did not follow this career path. Instead I’m doing a Master Degree in Psychology.
- As I lived part of my live in Vancouver, I may say that sushi and sashimi has no secrets for me. I can even eat with chop sticks.
- Organizing beer nights is my favorite occupation. For that purpose I may drive well over 36 hours from Saskatoon, smuggling some bottles and cans of beer. The bottles broken by the freezing weather must be seen as collateral damage without any consequence, since I did buy-in enough booze.
- I’m a self-starter, eager to learn new things. Consequently I traveled around the globe and developed a great interest in different cultures. I even spent a lot of time in Europe! On the other hand you may as well find me hiking and backpacking in the Rocky Mountains. I have seen more bears than …eh… beers…or was it the other way around.
You will find me to be well-spoken, energetic, confident, and personable, the type of person on whom you may rely. I also have a wide breadth of experience of the type that gives you the versatility to place me in a number of contexts with confidence that the level of excellence you expect will be met.
I hope that you'll find my experience and interests intriguing enough to warrant a face-to-face meeting, as I am confident that I could provide value to you and your customers as a member of your team. I can be reached anytime, in the afternoon, feel free to contact me for additional information on my experience or an evening out.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this exciting opportunity.

Sincerely

Stryker

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

I have had a moment of conscience and have decided to add a little bit more about my auspicious ancestor, Louis Riel. He was a rebel, but also a Canadian politician, a founder of the province of Manitoba, and leader of the Métis people of the Canadian prairies. He led two resistance movements against the Canadian government in order to preserve Métis rights and culture as their homelands on the Prairies was being encroached upon by English Canadian settlers. He is regarded by many as a Canadian rebel and a folk hero.

Anoniem zei

Een employee of the month die best eens zou mogen overkomen naar ons landje !
Hij mag hier alvast logeren.
Wait and see?